home for holidays

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Snuggies and a Situation

Well, the holidays are starting to get closer, the days are getting longer (and less productive) and everyone is just ready for a break.  It has been a lot of fun around her trying to balance work and holiday stuff and knowing that you will have not ONE day off before the hoopla begins.  I smell a Friday night cleaning fest coming on.  I seriously think that I might just start wrapping up the groceries instead of buying stocking stuffers for the kids- would they really care that Mommy wrapped up a 6 pack of Tastycakes or a box of microwaveable popcorn?  Not really.  But I won't.

Events, let's see....
Abby and I went out on Monday so she could get something for Daddy for Christmas.  She bought him a couple of funny things (can't say here, he might read) and we got a few other random gifts.  Duncan got- tahdah- a SNUGGIE! Yes, our cat is getting a Snuggie.  And, Abby was so excited about this glorious purchase, that she made him try it on right away.  
Duncan looks rugged and cozy all at the same time.

Ray left the room and said that only insane old women buy Snuggies for their cats.
Randomly, online, we found out that they make Jersey Shore Christmas ornaments.  Who knew?  I mean, right up there with the birth of Christ is the celebration of Snookie- and I wasn't participating?  I feel so out of it.  Anyhow, Ray and I used to watch the show for ridiculousness.  When they moved the show to our precious Florence, Italy, we stopped watching.  You just can't do that to Florence.  Well, on the way home from work, I stopped at Walgreens (the only store that carries these ornaments- it MUST be exclusive <sarcasm>).  Lo and behold, right about a light up nativity, a snoopy house, and a singing reindeer was the blessed Jersey Shore ornament display.  And on sale.  Unfortunately, they did not have the glittery Snookie.  I could tell that when I presented these gems to Ray, he was a little sad.  But he managed to choke back his tears and settle for the Situation and Pauly D.  Brooks liked them too.
Brooks confiscated the Situation.  He envies his abs.

Nothing says the birth of Christ like the "Situation"

On a side note, please know that I did NOT purchase these ornaments without some counterbalance of the meaning of Christmas.  To hide the ornaments in my basket from onlookers, I purchased an eleven piece glass nativity set for Abby to use.  Does that make the season better?  On that note, Abby really likes her nativity set.  She was the angel and everyone was assigned a role. It was pretty cute to watch her set everything up and have the 'peoples' talk to Baby Jesus.  Tonight, before bed, they all kissed him goodnight (and she did too).  Very cute.  She loves the set.  And I feel better about the Jersey Shore Christmas ornaments.



The Baby Jesus from Preschool.  He has purple hair.

Brooks currently has an ear infection.  It has been two days and I think that it is starting to heal.  Last night the crying started at 10:30.  I just want to sleep for more than a one hour stretch without an interruption.  And I am a total grouch without sleep.  Just ask Ray, or anyone else.  Yuck.  I'm glad that he will be better in time for the holidays this weekend. 

The house is getting more and more festive. There are cards and little gifts that are starting to filter in.  I said goodbye to my boss at my other job tonight.  She sold the business.  I worked for her for 8 months and she was really a great boss.  It was sad to see her go.  She gave me the biggest box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates ever- and my paycheck tax free this week- sweet deal.  Anyone want some chocolate?  Stop over!




So that's that for now.  Only a few more days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment