Generally, Mondays are fairly okay around here. Abby likes to get back to her weekly routine and Brooks really just does his own thing. Apparently, the kids were not well behaved today. This continued well after I got home and even after Abby and I had a discussion about the broken tv cabinet. Yeah- it was one of those days. Poor Mary. After I had taken away a few beloved toys, the behavior started to improve. Abby ate some dinner, and her friend Brady came over for a playdoh playdate. Who doesn't love playdoh? I was in charge of making the teeth on the dentist set. The kids took turns drilling and filling. They then were creative and used the monster kit and made toothpaste and 'brushed the dirty teeth.' I played domestic mom and made cookies from scratch from a mix and cleaned up the kitchen. I did manage to play some Chrismas music from a clock radio- the only radio in our house right now. It was a good rest of the evening, and Abby earned back her toys. We now have a 'List of Rules' that Abby should follow. She knows the rules, and she can't read, but for some reason I think that this will work for her. (Or not.)
We are in a questionable debate around here about Little People. Brooks has really started to throw around the room play with Little People. He likes them and we find them everywhere. Good thing we have a million of them from when Abby was little. However, while teaching Sunday School this weekend, the kids really got into the nativity playset. Granted, this set was plastic, breakable, in the hands of four year olds and probably full of old lead paint, but it got me thinking about how Brooks would like a Little People Nativity Set. That's a tricky thing to find. Long ago, Abby got the Veggie Tales nativity. There are some various figures missing today- including the Baby Jesus. He kept falling out of the manger, and after Abby tried to eat him a few dozen times, I hate to say that he was disposed of in a proper manner. So, we need a new set. Browsing online, I found a nice Little People Nativity. Then, lo and behold a popup ad on Fisher Price.com taunted me with 'new Little People'.
They now make super hero Little People- Batman, The Joker, Wonderwoman, etc. The whole gang- and the Batcave. I quickly e-mailed this link to Ray telling him that I still thought that the Nativity set was better. He told me no offense to Baby J. but we should get the Superheroes. What about the ultimate Superhero? Hmmm. A dilemma. A dilemma. A dilemma. Maybe I should scrap them both and buy the zoo set (yawn). I also have to think- do I want Brooks throwing around the Joker or the Three Wisemen? Ah, the joys of Christmas.
Another joy of Christmas? Sheep. Last night, Abby was a sheep in the Christmas presentation at church. It was a five minute song with a bunch of kids from the Sunday School Class that I teach on rotation. Somehow, I ended up backstage with most of the kids attempting to corral them and keep them from knocking over the Bethlehem backdrop all while maintaining silence. It was pretty cute when they finally sang their little song. I loved it.
Please keep in mind that while Ray was filming this Brooks was trying to eat the camera- it's a tad bumpy. Also, the flash you see to the right of the stage during the singing is me- chasing a rogue sheep.
No comments:
Post a Comment