home for holidays

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Getting closer to Christmas....

Today was a bit of a disjointed day.  We didn't have an agenda for a Saturday, but we kind of did.  Last night, I realized that I rushed to leave work on a Friday sauntered out and left my laptop in my classroom.  In a panic that I left a brand new laptop on my desk (or in it, or near it) I decided to get to work this morning and get it.  Abby and I got up, went to work (during Saturday school) and found my computer charging and plugged in on my desk.  At least it had a full charge! After that we ventured to Target.  I was biting my nails.  The Saturday before Christmas-Target-my 4 year old in tow- a mixture of disaster! But, we got a spot three from the door, we got a cart and it really wasn't crowded at all. Your usual Saturday crowd was there- parents who had late nights buying diapers and orajel, and some dorm rats who had hangovers.  So, not crowded.  What's that about?  We got our usual groceries and diapers, Abby picked out a few ornaments for the neighbors, and we called it a day when we noticed the masses were waking up and heading in the doors. 


Surprise, surprise, while I was gone- Ray cleaned the house.  I was really excited about that.  And all of this without being mentioned.  What a lovely pre-Christmas gift.  

I took Abby to her first playdate with kids from preschool.  She was doing great and it was the first time I left.  I didn't know whether I should leave or not, but it didn't seem like I should stay.  I texted frantically with Ray and Mary and it was determined that I could leave.  Mary is close with the family, so I decided that it was okay to leave.  Turns out that 90 minutes later when I came back, Abby was great! She was acting out Sleeping Beauty, had had her nails done, and decorated cookies.  Success!



Abby is super-excited for Christmas.  She is counting down the days in her preschool way.  Today we have forty-fourteen days left.  She was so excited to wrap Olivia's Barbie Doll pool today.  Brooks helped and made a huge mess of the place.  


Brooks has a new tooth peeking in- upper left.  I saw it today when he was laughing while eating cheez its.  How I saw it, no idea.  He and Abby played together for the first time today (that I have seen).  They were both in her dora tent.  They would stand up and walk back and forth inside the tent, so it looked like a traveling building.  They thought it was hilarious, and it was all laughter for 30 minutes.  Back and forth.  Traveling Dora house.  Then, Abby put the Dora tent and the Pop Up Castle together, loaded them with toys and they played 'house.'  I love that they can interact now without yanking toys away from each other.  Abby thinks that Brooks is her 'real live doll'.  She never wanted to play with dolls, and now she has a little toy that walks and talks.  She does not come near him if he poops.  I don't blame her.











I'm excited for Christmas with both kids.  We decided on the Little People Nativity, and some other things are in the boxes to be wrapped.  Only a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment