home for holidays

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Where Is the Winter?

Several questions that I tend to ask daily are:  Why do I repeat myself so many times in one day in a variety or settings?  Why is caffeine not more potent?  Where is the winter?  Seriously!?!? A snowday would be awesome.  I know that it's harried here with the kids home all day and we are trapped in the house.  But still.  Waking up to find out you have the day off.  I can go back to sleep because Ray will get up with the kids.  We can make breakfast and wear pjs until noon.  Sigh.  One day.  The frustrating part is that it is NOT quite warm enough to go outside for long periods of time.  So, lots of time indoors.  We are working on procuring an indoor bounce house for the basement.  Ray, Abby and I trudged down in despair to the basement this weekend cleaned up this weekend to make room for the bounce house.  I think that will help the kids burn off energy and steam.  I mean, is it really that important to be able to walk to the laundry room? 

Cheating at Candy Land.
A lot of nothing is really going on here.  It's relatively calm and just 'regular' stuff.  Abby has learned to cheat at Candy Land.  She manipulates the cards to get what she wants while you are playing, or she will 'set up' the cards before you start.  This stinks because I'm the one that usually cheats around here and she is honing in on my territory.


Brooks has learned to do the 'high five'- finally.  I was waiting for him to get a trick.  I thought it would never happen! We'll have to try to get a recording of that one. 
Abby and I have been on the quest for the key to the trunk.  It's still unfound.  My dad sent us a big pickle jar of keys (who knows where he finds this stuff- who would ever have a pickle jar of random keys?).  So, one-by-one, Abby and I worked to see if any of them fit in the trunk.  What do you think?  Bingo- a big fatty NO.  So, we are still questing for a key.

Looking for a key

Nope, none of them worked

Ha ha.



Cute Pictures Below:




Brooks has started wearing 'real shoes'







On a fun note, Valentine's Day is fast approaching.  Abby and I like Valentine's Day.  She likes it because it's fun.  I like it because it's fun.  Ray and I don't celebrate together because it's his birthday, and because it's such a trite holiday (albeit fun).  But, I love to get the kids stuff.  Usually, the Valentine's Fairy comes and drops off new books and a treat.  She usually leave little letters around the house or does a 'trick' like stringing lollypops from the ceiling.  Abby is really into the sending of Valentines.  So, we made (she sat with me at the sewing machine) card envelopes for the chairs in the dining room.  I got the idea from Pottery Barn Kids.  I know that mine don't really look like theirs, but I like the idea and I think that it will be fun to leave gifts in them this year.  They are pretty cute.

So, that's pretty much what's going on around here.  Abby is going to Disney on Ice next Sunday (but she doesn't know that and won't until next Sunday).

No comments:

Post a Comment