The weather has taken a drop, and it's a total waste. If it's going to be 13 degrees in the morning, then it needs to be accompanied by precipitation. Otherwise, let's just get over it and turn the weather back to spring. Ray loves the dry air. He likes the cold. I like the cold too- when I'm inside on a snowday. Hence, the word snow. There was a little bit of excitement at work this week. I decided to get in the winter mood and changed the background on my computer from a crab in a Santa hat (fitting) to a white tiger in the snow. (Yes, it's cheesy. I don't think that pictures of tigers are attractive, but this one was very 'wintry'.) Immediately following, there were shouts of snow! My Macbook changed the weather! Of course, it was from a teacher who recently hailed from Miami. To her, we were having Snowpocalypse again. To me, it was glorified rain. It was exciting for awhile. Until I realized that it was just a tease. No early dismissal. And it's still cold.
So, what's a family to do? It's well below the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation for dumping the kids outside to play (even bundled up), and my hair froze when I took Joey out this morning, so it's probably not good to be outdoors. We try to invent lots of activities during "The Witching Hours" (between 530-730 when we have baths and bed). This is the longest span of time ever known to any parents. We usually try to do a craft, or bake something, or split the kids up to keep them safe from each other. I also vacuum a lot since Brooks loves the vacuum. The kids find way to amuse themselves too. Below is a video of the kids keeping themselves occupied.
So, while you are reading this, please actually leave a comment. Let's trade some ideas of what we can do when it's too cold to play outside.
We used to paint the basement walls with plain water! Love,
ReplyDeleteMom