home for holidays

Monday, May 28, 2012

Spring and Summer!
















I realized that I have not written for awhile, so I need to get on the ball here.

We are two weeks from the end of the school year! I can't believe that I have to start my close of work procedures and turn in my final exams tomorrow.  Abby's last week of preschool is this week.  Her picnic is Thursday.  I am going to take a half day of work go see the fun.  I'm bittersweet.  I'm glad that she had a great time at preschool, learned social skills and made a friend or two.  I'm sad that she only has next year left and then kindergarten is around the corner.  And then we have to go to Target with the loooonng list of supplies that we have to pack in her backpack and send her off with.  She is growing up way too fast.

Brooks is talking more than he used to.  He has a pile of words.  His cutest are:  babies, cup, cookie and outside, hi and bye, shoes and socks.  His most infrequent words are:  downstairs, kitty, dog (dog-a), and love you.  He will give hugs now if you ask, and he is very charming- especially with ladies.  He loves to RUN.  Rarely does he sit down, and he is hard to control at points.  He's not making trouble, but he is just curious.  He also likes to eat.  Recently, we were talking about giving up his nighttime bottle.  Problem?  He drinks a sippy cup before bed, a bottle before bed, and recently he has been waking up at night for another bottle (or two).  He is starving.  Ideas?  Suggestions?

We are all looking forward to summer.  In July, we are going to fly (yes, fly) to Lael and Ben's house in Florida.  We were not going on vacation at all.  I have to work all summer, things are expensive and the kids could just stay at home.  When Ray and I were (young, tan and rested) first dating and married, we would just book flights and trips on a desire.  (Oh yeah, we also had money then.)  I would book a trip, e'mail it to him and tell him to take off work.  We had to stop that after having kids and this will be the first flight we have been on in five years.  We used to go somewhere every few months.  So, I think that this trip was more for us to go somewhere than for the kids (in some ways). Had we not had kids, we probably would have moved abroad and traveled from there- or been nomadic. Our trip to Paris was whim that I purchased at work for no other reason than the pictures looked pretty. So, getting back into some sense of travel-mode was actually refreshing And, Southwest had a deal!  This will be an interesting Henry family experience.  Abby has a loud-noise sensitivity and Brooks can't sit down.  Suggestions?

Abby went to pump-it-up for Brady's party this weekend.  It was fun and she really liked it.  I think that we might do a birthday party here.  Our birthday schedule is wicked.  We have Brooks, Thanksgiving, one week, Abby's birthday, two weeks and then Christmas.  Yikes! Maybe having one out of the house will be helpful?  On the way home I wasn't paying attention and drove through the airport.  She was excited about that, and I think that I will take her back one day to visit before we fly. 

Last night was movie night at Heather and Steve's.  Abby was excited.  Brooks didn't stay because he was falling over from exhaustion.  The movie was PeeWee's Big Adventure.  We got to the part where the bike was stolen from the clown and then Abby got scared.  I was surprised she made it that far.  I like Pee Wee's house.  He is the person you want to know because he is funny, but he is the person you do not want in your neighborhood because of property values.

Recently, we completed the March of Dimes Walk with Heather and Anna.  We didn't do well on donations, but we did great with the walk.  It was a nice cause to share with others.











This summer, we had also talked about doing small things like the Crayola factory.   If anyone has any suggestions of fun day trips, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment