Abby and I planted seeds for her 'vegetable garden.' This is humorous. We do not have a vegetable garden and she will not eat the vegetables that we grow. However, she really enjoys seeing the sprouts on the plants and talking about putting them into bigger pots. We have cucumbers, beans, peppers, tomatoes, radishes (yuck) and carrots. I think that when we have more time next week over spring break we will repot those.
Luckily, we have been going outside a lot lately. We have been able to take a lot of walks. The rails to trails organization in our town cleaned up the paths through our neighborhood. After work, the kids and I can take a nice one or two mile walk and part of it on a path. They like to look for squirrels and birds. I like that it traverses through backyards and I can check out landscaping and patio furniture ideas. I never walk the second part of the trail because it ventures through a cemetery. Creepy even a little for me.
Last weekend, Abby and I had to go and purchase shoes for her. If anyone has recently purchased kids' sneakers, you have two options: plastic light up with a Disney Character or nine million dollars at Stride Rite. Where is the middle ground? We ventured to the grand store of Sears. Everyone went to Sears as a kid. I remember my ridiculously white sneakers and dress shoes "Don't get mud on them, or they'll look ugly." I lived in fear of dirtying up my white shoes- which is why now, as an adult, I don't own any (does anyone over the age of 20)? My sneakers are gray. Tah dah! So, I digress. At Sears they had a fabulous selection of boy shoes. Great. The girls shoes were limited to: Dora the Explorer Light Up with Velcro and some semblance of man made material, or Tinkerbell Light Up with Velcro and some semblance of man made material, for tah-dah $40. No way. We ventured to the Stride Rite Store. First, we had to take a number to see someone. We sat in the 'waiting room.' There were 10 people ahead of us- mostly moms in their white sneakers and schlumpadinka sweatpants (I don't hate, but please people, put on some pants that zip before you leave the house.) I decided to peruse the selection. I saw a pair that had Dora on them, to the tune of $65. No way. I peeked around and realized this was not where we should be. Maybe these moms don't buy themselves clothing and spend the money on overpriced sneakers.
Finally, we went to the grandland of JC Penney. Who knew? I kind of snubbed the store thinking it was for old ladies. I would dart in to buy undershirts for Ray, but not really much else. They have totally revamped themselves. Their shoe department was fantastic- womens' and kids. I bought myself some shoes and we got Abby a great pair of Sketchers. They are (gray- hooray!), lightweight and she can get them on and off herself. And less than the plastic shoes at Sears. Fantastic! I would recommend going there.
Other than those things, nothing over the top is going on. Brooks still cries in the nursery at church, but he managed to get himself under control last week. I am working the Sunday School crew for Easter Sunday and Abby is singing in church. We are getting ready for Easter... the new H&M kids catalog came and Abby was sure to point out EVERYTHING she wanted from the Bunny. Coincidentally, we saw the Rabbit when we were at the mall. He was actually a She. I told her that the Easter Bunny was married and that she did the brunt of the work. We did NOT have our picture taken for the tune of $26. We are going to either go back with both kids present or go to the free one at Bass Pro next week. Abby was so excited to see the EB and sit with him(her) and hug her. However, the picture people were tapping their feet in annoyance that she was spending more than ten seconds with him- we weren't making a purchase. I let her take her time. It was very cute.
Anyone see the EB this year?
| Abby dressed herself to go to the mall.... |
| New shoes |
| Plants! |
| Joey basking in the sun. |
| Mr. Static! |
| Brooks is obsessed with brooms and will track them down anywhere. |
| Laughing |
| He always goes butt first. |
| It's like a cage, but it opens... |
No comments:
Post a Comment