home for holidays

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sick Days

Today, Ray and I were both home with the kids.  We had anticipated spending the day around the house getting things done.  Ha.  Both kids were sick.  Ray came home Wednesday because Brooks was in misery.  He went to the doctor and he had another ear infection, and a viral cold thing.  He was coughing horribly and it sounded like his lungs were coming out.  He cried when he coughed.  Luckily, the antibiotics are working.  I stayed home yesterday with them both, and then today, Abby woke up with a fever.  Brooks also conveniently cut a molar this week too.  It's always something! So, today was a wash here as far as Ray and I getting the house in order and me getting some papers graded.  The best laid plans....
In return for mommy staying at home, Brooks made it his mission to destroy the house.  In the five minutes I went to the bathroom to God forbid, pee and brush my teeth, Brooks managed to get a box of cheerios, pour it out and stomp it; cleanly break a goblet from our wedding; put dogfood in my purse; and empty the recycling.  Later on this evening, he dumped out all of his diapers.  

Sick days!


Faker

Don't go to the bathroom, I'll find things to do....



No more goblet.

Trash.

I think that tomorrow should be better since the kids seem to be doing better.  NOTHING gets done when kids are sick.  Brooks pretty much cried the day away and Abby was on the couch and refused to budge.  Luckily, they both played for awhile and we did have some fun. 

Trashing his room.



Abby decided to try on Brooks's new onesie.

And now Brooks.

No, Brooks is not taking the picture.






Why use chairs when you have a Rubbermaid file box?


This looks sooo uncomfortable.

At a friend's birthday- wearing the Rapunzel wig.


No comments:

Post a Comment