 |
| At Disney on Ice- Intermission |
 |
| Silly Face |
 |
| Abby liked this dragon at the end of the Mulan vignette |
 |
| Finale |
 |
| Love |
This weekend, I took Abby to Disney on Ice. I bought tickets on a whim a couple of weeks ago. I took her since Ray is taking her to the circus next month, and I am just not really a circus kind of girl. I won't detail the horrible Baltimore Arena experience that I had, but I will say that the show was fantastic. It was a lot of fun to watch, and it wasn't a skit. It was a lot of the Disney 'stories' redone on ice. And it was done well. Abby was enamored. The Lion King was the best part. But, so were the princesses. We had a nice time despite all of the complications involving the crowd, the lack of order and the parking situation. It's nice that we live fifteen minutes from venues so that we can see things like this.
Valentine's Day is today. Overall, it was a pretty fun day. We left treats out for the kids this morning (Abby knew what hers were since she picked them out.) I worked a half day and then left to go to Abby's preschool party which was pretty cute. They sang "skinamerinkidinkadink" (not sure of spelling) and we had cupcakes and treats. Abby got a bag full of Valentines and candy. She worked really hard on her Toy Story Valentines and signed each one herself. I was very proud of her.
 |
| Abby's cards- the bottom left one- she got 'tired' and drew a picture of herself. |
 |
| Front of cards |
 |
| Treat envelopes |
 |
| Third from left |
 |
| Praying before snack |
 |
| Weird pretzel face |
|
|
After preschool, Abby and I got lunch at the diner. It was tasty and a lot of fun. She wanted to pay, so when the waitress came, she took her own dollar out of her coat pocket (crumpled up) and gave it to the waitress- super sweet. We then went to Ray's work and took him a Valentine. It was nice to see him on his break, and we got to show him Abby's Valentine's from school. Abby has always wanted to stop at my work so we went in there quickly as well (they are close to each other). She wanted to walk around and see the big kids. Of course they all ooohed and ahhed over her and she liked the attention. She had a little fashion show for the secretaries in the office. She didn't really want to leave. It was a great day to spend with her. She is growing up so fast, and these days really make me happy to savor our alone time. It's fun. And, we actually had conversations today. Even though Valentine's Day is a fake holiday from Hallmark, it was a fun excuse to buy little gifts and eat a lot of candy.
This afternoon, Ray gave me my Valentine's gift. We don't exchange because it's his birthday, but he always makes something. He made me a really cute little box. It was tied shut and when I opened it, there were little origami letters. Each one had a reason why he loved me on it. I took pictures of the funnier ones. I loved it. It was super sweet. And, it was nice that he recognized the little things that I do like
let him buy season tickets keep the holidays organized. I count the season tickets as a big thing.
 |
| Ha. |
 |
| It would be nice for space, but yeah, no thanks for now. And mine would have the little stick figure family. |
 |
| Has anyone seen my calendar? Exactly- my organization is calling Heather to find out what's going on. |
Later this evening, we had some friends over for cake. I actually had time yesterday to bake something, and it was nice to sing Happy Birthday to Ray. He convinced Abby that he is 22, and that is what she keeps telling people. Ray doesn't like to celebrate his birthday anymore, so I have to make sure it's recognized. And, I like birthdays. I think that it's a good excuse to open gifts, eat cake and have people be nice to you for a day. Hooray! I took off work tonight from my other job, and it was fantastic to have another evening at home this week. My boss called and told me to come in because the girl who was subbing for me called out sick. But, no way. I've taken off one day in a year. And this is number two. It was truly nice to be home for Ray's birthday. And, Abby gets very excited about Valentine's Day, so she really liked that I was home too.
 |
| Cake |
 |
| strawberries |
Brooks has started scribbling with crayons. He has four crayons that are "his." Abby likes to steal his stuff (it's mutual thought). So, today when she was wandering around while he was scribbling (on paper), he kept hiding his crayons. He would sit with his legs folded and try to shove the crayons under his legs and butt. It was pretty hilarious where he was 'hiding' them. He's a silly guy. One day, I will tell his girlfriends that he used to shove crayons under his butt to hide them.
It's been a busy week, and it's not over yet! I think (hope) that everyone should sleep well after the eventful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment